How Can You Get Your Residence Permit?
Get an appointment from the Directorate General of Migration Management of Turkey by filling the online application form from here: https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr
Prepare the residence permit file before the appointment date and get confirmation from The International Office.
Students need to get the following items ready prior to the appointment date.
- Passport, the original and the copy (copy of the data page, copy of the page which bares the stamp of the date of entrance into Turkey and if you had a visa, copy of the page baring the visa for Turkey will be needed. If you came to Turkey with an e-visa, then you will need to submit a copy of your e-visa along with your application). Please
note that, in order to get a residence permit, you need to have a passport valid for at least the next six months.
- A valid health insurance policy.
- Student Certificate.
- Statement of income.
- Copy of your previous residence permit (if there is)
- Name equivalency certificate (If there is full name stated on your passport together, students need to get name equivalency letter from their embassy/ consulate which shows the first name, middle name and last name separately.
- If student is under 18, the signed documents from your parents regarding their permission about your study in Turkey and its notary approved sworn translation (you may obtain a sample of such a permission letter from the international office). Along with the permission letter, you need to submit your birth certificate (or a similar documentation) proving that the signatories of the permission letter are your parents.
- Tax payment receipt (the fee is stated on residence permit application form can be paid to the tax offices)
- Signed residence permit application form.
- Notarized house contract
- Title deed from the landlord (Tapu)
- 4 biometric photos (make sure that biometric photo is suitable: https://en.goc.gov.tr/about-the-usage-of-photographs-in-residence-permit-application
- Go to your appointment with all the above-mentioned documents. Please note that the Immigration Office may ask for additional documents.
Got to the appointment on time.
* Considering the density of foreigners in various regions of our country, 1169 neighbourhoods in certain provinces have been closed by our Ministry for the first and transfer residence permit applications and process of changing the province of residence. Click here for detailed information.
** In order to facilitate address change and registration procedures for foreigners, the “Address Change and Registration Notification of Foreigners (Unoccupied Residence)” service has been put into use via the e-Government Gateway (https://www.turkiye.gov.tr/)
Within the scope of this service, “unoccupied” residences which do not require consent can be accessed, and address change and registration transactions can be carried out together. Additionally, “Main Applicants” will be able to register their and their connected applications’ (family members’) addresses at once, without requiring consent with the option of “I will make an address notification for me and my connected applications.”